I'm not at all a party person: Imran Khan


We had heard about Imran's Haryanvi lessons in the city for his next film - "Matru Ki Bijli Ka Mandola", so when he was in the city recently we couldn't help but ask him, if this was a conscious choice to avoid being stereotyped.

"I've never really had those thoughts in my head that I must do this, or I must do that. For me, my choices have always been driven by what scripts interest me. So, I haven't sat down and said, I must not do a certain type of film, or break away from something else. To me, it was as simple as meeting Vishal (Bhardwaj) and loving his script," the actor said.

With his birthday today, it's all work and no play, like every year, for Imran. Speaking to us a few days before his birthday, he said, "Most likely, I'll be shooting. I've actually never not worked on my birthday. In the past five years, every year I have worked on January 13. I don't know, it's something I like to do. I'm not at all a party person and take great pride in shooting on my birthday."

Talking about birthdays, we asked him about the latest entrant to the family - Aamir mamu's son - Azad. "God! I've so many cousins. There's like a dozen of them running around now. But yes, when it comes to the latest one, I'm very happy for Aamir mamu and Kiran, because I know how hard they tried and how much this meant to them. I know the heartbreak that they went through when Kiran had a miscarriage, and when things were not working out for them. I'm very happy for them and very grateful that things have worked out."

Imran had planned a short break from his shooting schedule for a romantic getaway with Avantika to celebrate their first wedding anniversary earlier this month. Before his anniversary, he had told us, "I'm hoping to get a couple of days off, so I can take Avantika on a holiday. Right now, I'm negotiating with Dharma productions and UTV for some time off. Where exactly I go, depends on how many days they give me." While on the topic of his wedding, we asked him about the secret overseas celebration that they had last year. Finally willing to dole out some details, he said, "You could call it a sort of a family honeymoon. A private, non-religious sort of a ceremony. We went to an island off Thailand. This is the part I didn't want to publicize."

With one year gone by since his wedding, is he asked about starting a family? "Ya. I don't know why people are in such a rush for me to have a kid. I fear that when I do have kids, people are going to ask me 'when are you going to pop it - when's your funeral, dude?' It's like they'll rush me into my grave. Abhi bahut time hai yaar!" he quipped.
Source:TOI
Close Menu