The critics had written me off: Bipasha Basu


Her glam avatar in a recent film proved that she is still in the reckoning, says Bipasha Basu.....
After the disastrous outcome of her last film Players at the BO, Bipasha Basu claims that she did the film to silence critics, who had written her off after a ho-hum 2011. "Last year, I had done some arthouse films and a section of the media and critics had written me off," she says, adding, "That question needed to be answered and I did it with Players. I wanted to tell them that I am here to stay. It was a film that relied heavily on fashion and my look in the film was appreciated. I think I fit the action genre nicely," she says. As for the film being a dud, she adds, "The final outcome of the film is never in an actor's hands and it's not a given that every film is going to do well." 

Bipasha also put to rest rumours about her film Singularity, opposite Josh Harnett, which has been in the making for a very long time. "The media played up the news about Singularity. There was some crisis with the film, but everything's been sorted now. I'm going to shoot the rest of my scenes in April and the film will release later this year," says Bipasha, who will work on Raaz 3 after completing Singularity. 

"Raaz has a lot of lust, love and fear. That's how director Vikram Bhatt described the film to me. There is a certain freshness in my pairing with Emraan Hashmi," says Bipasha, who has coloured her hair a sexy red for the role. Films apart, ask her about TV actor and ex-Bigg Boss inmate Kamaal Rashid Khan's tweet about her Bipasha number, in which he said 'Believe me I go crazy when Bipasha move her b**bs on the song Bipasha', and she says, "There is a lot of filth in this world and I don't think we should give these filthy, lecherous remarks any importance." 
Close Menu