Kajal denies competition with Tamannah



Everyone has a different opinion about beauty and for Kajal, it is acting that speaks more than the way one looks. “I am quite blessed to get a lot of compliments everyday for which I am thankful to all my fans. I believe that acting does have an upper hand over looks. Your acting can help radiate the beauty within,” she says.
With the film industry abuzz with the debate initiated by Bollywood divas, Kareena Kapoor, Sonakshi Sinha and Vidya Balan about being voluptuous or size zero, Kajal says, “Voluptuous, any day. Indian woman is known for her curves. I don’t believe in the entire thing of size zero fad. I believe in staying good and living healthy.”
The actress, who undoubtedly has beauty with brains, is busy with eight films (three Tamil, four Telugu and one Hindi film) for this year. “I am extremely thankful for all the love I receive from my fans and the industry. They have shown immense faith in me and my potential. It is difficult to meet everybody’s expectations but there is a sense of achievement as I try to do something different in my films. I hope all my films click,” she said.
Currently she has completed shoot with two big films - 'Maatran' with Suriya in the lead and directed by K V Anand and AR Murugadoss’s 'Thuppaki' with Vijay in the lead. Asserting that she is not competing with Tammanah or anybody else in Tamil industry, she said, “I don’t believe in the number one game. Everyone is extremely talented in the industry. That’s why we are all here. If you like the script and are apt for the role, they choose you and you choose to be in the film.”

Close Menu